Global Cooking Kits
- Can I make all 5 recipes with the ingredients in the box?
- Yes! Each ingredient corresponds with one of the recipes. You need to add the perishables and other ingredients such as olive oil or soy sauce.
- What are some examples of what a box might contain?
- Our Persian box contained samples of sumac, turmeric, cumin seeds, garbanzo bean flour and raw pistachios. From this box, you could make sauteed shrimp with sumac, feta with lemon and cumin, kobbideh kebabs, carrot fritters, and jeweled rice.
- Our Moroccan box contained samples of ras el hanout, chermoula, harissa, couscous and red lentils. From this box, you could make chicken tagine with lemon and olives, zaalouk eggplant salad, harissa roast halibut with a fennel and orange salad, winter pumpkin couscous, and hariria soup.
- What is the difference between the vegetarian and regular subscriptions?
- The ingredients are the same but the recipe cards are all vegetarian. For example, in the Persian box above, instead of the shrimp and kebab recipes there were recipes for sumac roast zucchini and tofu and kidney bean stew.
- Can you tell me more about your packaging? I'm concerned about the environment.
- Our ingredient samples are packed in compostable bags made from corn and our recipe cards are printed on 100% recycled paper. We are always looking for ways that we can improve even more and will let you know as we find new suppliers!
- I placed an order. How will it ship?
- All orders are shipped either UPS or USPS depending on the weight and size.
- Most orders ship within 2-3 business days.
- Shipping costs. All Global Cooking Kits ship for $5. If you order 2 or more you will be charged the flat rate of $8. All other orders ship for a flat rate of $8.